Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm officially a "senior citizen"

Ok, last Thursday I was having a great day. Got up, refreshed the color on my hair, started the laundry at home, had my fingernails and toenails done down at the nail salon, got my teeth cleaned at the dentist's office, was feeling pretty good about myself, no aches and pains; so I was feeling good and kinda younger than usual.....UNTIL....after all that, it was past lunch time, so I dropped by the Dairy Queen for a quick bite. I ordered a Hunger Buster Jr., a small order of fries, and a small vanilla milk shake. "Hmm, that cost less than I thought it would." I was handed the receipt with my number on it, and was immediately deflated. "Senior Discount!" Don't get me wrong, I like getting discounts, but the little chick-a-dee behind the counter hadn't even asked. Did I really look that old today??? Oh, well, she couldn't have been older than 12!!!

1 comment:

Ida said...

I know how you feel. Little snots need to go back to jr. high and learn to count change!!!