Thursday, October 24, 2013

Again and Again and Again...

It just means I haven't completely given up, (even if it has been nearly 2 years since I last posted anything to this blog.)  I went back to Weight Watchers meeting this evening.  I just thought I could do it on my own, but I definitely need the accountability of the meetings and I like tracking, or journaling, or posting (whatever you want to call it) my food, especially online.  I quit Weight Watchers the last time because of the cost, but then I thought, (besides the fact that I need the meetings), if Jerry can spend money on a golf membership, I can spend some on Weight Watchers.  Makes sense to me. (But to be honest, I spend money on my nails and a housekeeper and shoes, etc., etc.) I know losing the weight I've gained since I met my goal 5 years ago will definitely make me feel better and will be better for my knees and feet and hips, etc., etc., etc.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for my annual physical and blood work.  He will probably say something about my gaining since my last visit with him, but I will assure him I'm back on track AGAIN.  I just wish I didn't have such an appetite for sweets and carbs, etc., etc., okay, for FOOD! Jerry had his physical and blood work on Tuesday and the doctor's office called and everything looks good; the doc told him to get more exercise and cut back on the carbs, (which we will be doing anyway, with me on Weight Watchers), but other than that he's doing good.  We (both Jerry and I) will start taking Daisy for a walk again at least 3 days a week when the weather permits. She will love that!  I'm still riding my exercise bike, too. My "new" knee is doing pretty good.  It's been 1 year and 8 months tomorrow since I had my knee replacement.  I still have some numbness and some tissue pain every once in a while, but no pain like before the surgery.  It's been 2 years 1&1/2 months since my shoulder scope/surgery and it still has never been right.  Still have quite a bit of pain with it, something I just have to live with, I reckon.  And yes, I did all the physical therapy, and when I asked the doc who did the scope about it, he just told me he had to do a lot of work on it and not to expect it to be like a 16 year old's shoulder.  Kind of upset me when he said that; I just wanted it to be like it was BEFORE I messed it up.  Dream on! Oh, yeah, I got my hair trimmed today.  I like it this time. We're going to go to Amarillo to see  Mother & Daddy, and Jerry's momma and Billie & Lydell next Tuesday before they head down south for the winter--that's Billie & Lydell heading south.  Well, I'm through "musing" for now.  I'll try to post more often than before, but don't expect too much.


1 comment:

Ida said...

I am trying to get on track with my eating, too. I have been watching the carbs, which is what works for me. I know my knees, feet, etc. will like it when I lose the weight. Right now I eat meat and salad. Sometimes it is boring, and I do a splurge every now and then, which is better than craving and craving and craving until it becomes a binge.
I need to start walking again, but my current work schedule messes with my sleep patterns and walking time. Although, I could get on the treadmill at night when I get off.
oh, yeah, this is supposed to be a comment not a blog post! LOL
GOOD LUCK, SIS!